In the February 16, 2017 edition of Newsline, a daily Thailand English-language news and current affairs programme produced by the National News Bureau of Thailand (NNBT) under the Thailand Government Public Relations Department (PRD) for NBTWorld*, presenter Sandra Hanutsaha tells us about:
• The National Legislative Assembly (NLA) of Thailand has decided not to investigate seven members of the government who have been frequently absent during meetings of the assembly.
• Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam has confirmed that amendments to the draft constitution suggested by King Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun have been completed and it will be submitted to the palace for royal approval this coming Saturday. If approved this will be Thailand’s 21st constitution since 1932.
• Thailand Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has told those attending the opening of the ‘Opportunity Thailand 2017’ seminar hosted by the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) that the country has been making significant trans-formative shifts in line with making it the center of trade and investment in the region.
• Thailand Minister of Tourism and Sports, Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, has said plans are on track for developing Thailand as a regional sporting hub, pointing out that since the beginning of the year inbound tourists arrivals have topped 4.55 million, contributing more than Bt200 million (US$5 million) to the Thai economy, a 3.6 per cent and 3.9 per cent year-on-year (YoY) increase respectively.
• Rapee Sucharitakul, Secretary General of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand, has told the ‘Thailand’s Opportunity in regional asset class’ seminar that authorities throughout Asean have been working to develop regulations and measures to facilitate investor asset trading in the region to assist entrepreneurs in reducing costs associating with mobilising funds.
• Donations are still being collected for those affected by floods in Southern Thailand. Donations can be made via the Office of the Prime Minister at any Krung Thai Bank; Government House Branch; Account number: 067-0-06895-0; (See: Corporations to The Fore As Southern Thailand Floods Continue)
• and much more.
*NBT World is the NNBTs 24/7 English language television service delivering Thailand government news and information to the Thai, Asean and wider Asian communities broadcast Internationally via cable and satellite. It is also available via android and iOS apps.