We’re compiling the 40 latest Asean news headlines for you, standby
Asean news headlines are updated every 30 minutes
- Russia’s Lavrov: Ukraine peace plan, U.N. bid to revive Black Sea grain deal “not realistic”on September 23, 2023
September 24, 2023 1:29 AMRussia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Saturday that Ukraine’s proposed peace plan as well as the latest U.N. proposals to revive the Black Sea grain initiative were both \”not realistic.\”
- U.S. Senator Peters expresses concern about Nagorno-Karabakh situationon September 23, 2023
September 24, 2023 12:48 AMNEAR KORNIDZOR, Armenia – A U.S. senator, leading a congressional delegation to the Armenia-Azerbaijan border on Saturday, said international observers were needed to monitor the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh, adding that people were \”very fearful\” about what was […]
- At UN, Baku vows to treat Karabakh Armenians as ‘equal citizens’on September 23, 2023
September 24, 2023 12:36 AMArmenia, which is largely Christian, has accused mostly Muslim Azerbaijan of a plan of ethnic cleansing.
- Former Chinese central bank chief calls for end to ‘hukou’ red tapeby By Jenny Tang for RFA Mandarin on September 23, 2023
Yi Gang wants ‘city-specific’ measures including fewer barriers for those who move into urban centers to live.
- Dala township residents line up to buy cheap riceby By RFA Burmese on September 23, 2023
A Myanmar Rice Federation initiative allows people to buy at a discount.
- In 50 Words: Campus 365 looks to triple revenue to $1mby Lokesh Choudhary on September 23, 2023
Campus 365 enjoys a high customer retention rate of 95.5%.
- China willing to work with South Korea ahead of summit with Japan: Xion September 23, 2023
- Taiwan golf ball factory fire kills at least sixon September 23, 2023
- Vietnam executes death row prisoner Le Van Manhby By RFA Vietnamese on September 23, 2023
The sentence was carried out despite foreign diplomatic missions calling for a stay of execution.
- Biden aides in talks with Vietnam for arms deal that could irk Chinaon September 23, 2023
- Seeking out alternatives in the funding winterby Stefanie Yeo on September 23, 2023
Nio, Metro Pacific Investments Corporation, Bolttech, and more raised funds this week.
- These are the most active investors in Vietnam’s startupsby TIA Bot on September 23, 2023
Which investors are writing the most checks to Vietnam-based startups?
- South Korea opposition leader ends 24-day hunger strikeon September 23, 2023
- Thai election winner appoints replacement party leaderon September 23, 2023
- Malaysia PM says China gave reassurance after map stirred South China Sea disputeon September 23, 2023
- Series SEA: Who’s investing in the region’s ecommerce startups?by TIA Bot on September 23, 2023
We’ve compiled a list of investors that are pouring money into Southeast Asia’s ecommerce startups.
- Xi to open biggest ever Asian Games after a year’s delayon September 23, 2023
- How ‘Assassin’s Creed’ imagines medieval Baghdadby Glaire D Anderson on September 23, 2023
Video games are among the most popular forms of mainstream entertainment, with an estimated 3.38 billion players globally – about 17% of whom are in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). One of the most anticipated video game titles of 2023, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, puts the spotlight on […]
- Capital SEA: Southeast Asia’s funding landscapeby TIA Bot on September 23, 2023
Who are the new active investors on the block? Which funding rounds look like outliers? This visual story answers all this and more.
- EU trade chief says ‘no intention’ to decouple from China amid rising tensionon September 23, 2023
- US, South Korea, Japan raise concerns over Russia-North Korea military cooperationon September 23, 2023
- Is the ATACMS tactical missile already in Ukraine?by Stephen Bryen on September 23, 2023
Russian defense sources say that an ATACMS tactical ballistic missile was launched from Kulbakino Air Field in Ukraine. If the Russian report is correct then the Washington debate about sending tactical ATACMS missiles to Ukraine is fake, as they already are there. The Russian report has not […]
- Slipper lobsters from Sabah, oysters from Penang? Discovering Malaysia’s underrated fresh seafoodon September 22, 2023
Most people don’t know that in our region, there’s top-quality wild-caught seafood thanks to fishermen of the indigenous peoples. CNA Lifestyle went on a journey with a Singaporean and two Malaysian chefs to find out more.
- Hun Manet tells UN Cambodia’s elections were fairby By Alex Willemyns for RFA on September 22, 2023
The new premier declined to mention the banning of the opposition and his father’s threats of imprisonment.
- Feminist journalist Sophia Huang stands trial for subversionby By Chen Zifei for RFA Mandarin on September 22, 2023
Rights groups call for the release of Huang and fellow labor activist Wang Jianbing after two years’ detention.
- Diplomatic missions call on Vietnam to stay inmate’s executionby By RFA Vietnamese on September 22, 2023
Le Van Manh has maintained his innocence since his sentence in 2005.
- Over 1,000 Myanmar workers entering China daily under new permitby By RFA Burmese on September 22, 2023
Border authorities in northern Shan’s Muse city began issuing the 7-day permit earlier this month.
- Transiting Taiwan airport, Chinese activist seeks political asylumby By Hwang Chun-mei for RFA Mandarin on September 22, 2023
Saying he would be jailed if sent back to China, Chen Siming refuses to board a connecting flight.
- Lao PM visits China’s Guangxi to boost farm exportsby By RFA Lao on September 22, 2023
Move is part of a broader goal to expand investment, tourism between the two nations.
- Thais have mixed feelings about visa-waiver program for Chinese touristsby Wilawan Watcharasakwej and Harry Pearl on September 22, 2023
The travelers help the economy, but their arrival in often unauthorized “zero-dollar” tours, affects Thai businesses.
- China pushes supercomputing goal despite US curbsby Jeff Pao on September 22, 2023
China is expected to complete the construction of a site in Shenzhen for its third exascale supercomputer in 2025, aiming to show its determination to bypass the United States’s sanctions. An exascale supercomputer is more than a million times faster than the US Department of Energy (DOE)’s […]
- Philippine troops kill communist rebels in central provinceby BenarNews staff on September 22, 2023
Regional military chief says efforts aim to push rebels to “brink of irreversible collapse.”
- China denies accusation it destroyed coral in Philippines’ watersby Jason Gutierrez on September 22, 2023
Beijing says Manila is polluting sea with World War II-era ship it grounded in 1999 in Ayungin Shoal.
- Vietnamese NGOs shy from UN engagement fearing government reprisalby By RFA Vietnamese on September 22, 2023
Fewer groups are taking part in preparations for Vietnam’s upcoming Universal Periodic Review.
- Rohingyas face prison-like conditions in Bangladesh camps: reportby John Bechtel and Ahammad Foyez on September 22, 2023
Rohingya say movement restrictions are ‘violently enforced’ by Bangladesh security personnel.
- One dead, 10 missing in Taiwan golf factory fireon September 22, 2023
- China’s ill-defined spy law dampens foreign investor confidenceby By Yitong Wu and Chingman for RFA Cantonese on September 22, 2023
European and American Chambers of Commerce call for greater transparency as companies shift money elsewhere.
- Jailed Thaksin could be advisor to new Thai government: Deputy PMon September 22, 2023
- Delivery Hero-owned Baemin Vietnam slashes jobsby Miguel Cordon on September 22, 2023
In an email to staff, the food delivery firm’s interim CEO cited market challenges such as “intense competition and high consumer expectations.”
- Blockbuster movie scares Chinese tourists away from Thailandon September 22, 2023
Feature photo John Le Fevre
Asean news headlines is updated every thirty minutes with material gathered from a range of sources using RSS technology. As such, Asean news headlines is not manually edited and occassionally miscategorised material appears in reports. We apologise for that. If you find this useful it would be appreciated if you share this page on social media using the buttons below.