Entrepreneurs of startups globally are preparing their submissions and contemplating their pitches with the opening of entries for the return of one of Asia’s premier startup pitching competition SLINGSHOT, for the third year.Powered by Startup SG and organised by Enterprise Singapore, SLINGSHOT 2019 offers more than S$1 million (about US$734,000) worth of prizes for startups to develop and commercialise their ideas in six key tracks:
i) Consumer Products & Services, Media & Advertising, Retail & Food Services
ii) FinTech and InsurTech
iii) FoodTech and AgriTech
iv) HealthTech, BioTech and MedTech
v) Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
vi) Urban Solutions, Sustainability and Energy
To be held between November 11 and 13 as part of Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH) coinciding with the Singapore FinTech Festival, SLINGSHOT 2019 offers a Startup SG grant prize of S$200,000 (US$147,000) and Startup SG grants of S$50,000 (US$37,000) for the top two winners from each of the six sector tracks.
In addition to the prize money other attractive perks and sponsorships including:
- a S$200,000 investment opportunity from crowdfunding platform FundedHere
- three S$25,000 (US$18,336) cash prizes, together with space and skills development from ST Engineering
- S$25,000 cash prizes each from Danone, L’Oreal, Rolls-Royce
- an exhibition booths at SWITCH
- up to 18 months of free access to JTC Launchpad workspaces
- three months’ access to co-working spaces with Found8
- co-innovation, engagement, or incubation opportunities with Ascott, Philips, and WeAre Group and lots more.
Startups will also have opportunities to connect and match with leading global investors and partners, with SLINGSHOT 2019 this year placing a greater emphasis on deal making. This will see more matching opportunities between judges (investors, corporates) and participating startups with the select 100 invited to an exclusive networking dinner and workshop where they will be matched one-on-one to top investors and industry experts.
Entrepreneurs will get to pitch their ideas to judges from 60 participating organisations comprising unicorns, tech giants, and investors such as Grab, Mistletoe Inc, Philips, Twitter and more at the grand finale.
Last year SLINGSHOT 2018 drew more than 1,000 applications from over 80 countries. Entries are being accepted from now until June 28, 2019.
Established on April 1, 2018, Enterprise Singapore is the Singapore government agency championing enterprise development while supporting the growth of the country as a hub for global trading and startups. Its global network spans over 35 locations in developed and emerging markets, connecting businesses with relevant Singapore companies for their business expansion.
Feature video Enterprise Singapore
- SLINGSHOT 2019 Call for Entries: Global Startup Competition in Singapore (Asia One)
- Enterprise Singapore launches third SLINGSHOT as Lion City continues hub push (e27)
- SLINGSHOT 2019 Call for Entries: Global Startup Competition (Scoop)
Between November 2010 and February 2012 she was a staff writer at Daylight Online, Nigeria writing on health, fashion, and relationships. From 2010 – 2017 she worked as a freelance screen writer for ‘Nollywood’, Nigeria.
She joined AEC News Today in December 2016.
Latest posts by Stella-maris Ewudolu (see all)
- Zoonotic crossover fear sees Vietnam ban (almost) all wildlife trade (video) – July 26, 2020
- Job & revenue losses: COVID-19 to hurt Asean airlines the most – July 24, 2020
- Philippines morning news for July 24 – July 24, 2020
- Philippines morning news for July 23 – July 23, 2020